Friday, January 30, 2015

Update on , Brothers, progress.

I've finished my rough draft of "Brothers, Tales of the River Rats" and have sent it out to several readers to see how it flows for them.  When I do that I always expect suggestions for plot changes, grammatical and typo catches, and general feedback.  It gives me a better idea and different perspective when evaluating my writing.  It has become an essential part of my writing process.

I have also contacted the young lady who designed my last book cover and am patiently waiting for what she comes up with.  I've given her my ideas of what I thought would work and she will take that and run.

I could be ready to go to print by April, but will see how much revision I might want to take on.  The other factor will be to gauge the interest from agents or traditional publishers that may be out there.  I plan to send out some query letters within a few weeks, or whenever I am confident enough in the first five chapters or so.

The interesting aspect of this book is that it is such a blend of real events that took place in my youth and the fictional plot I've built around those events, including my parents' backgrounds.
I've shared several of the youthful adventures with my siblings and mother to get their take on accuracy and readability and have been gratified by their feedback.

My mother, especially has been a great resource for her early life and knowledg of the areas I describe in the book.  Her help has allowed me to be as authentic as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment