Sunday, June 12, 2016

Sweet Reads

Sweet Reads is a new shop selling books and candy in downtown Austin. I was approached by the owner, who asked if she could sell my books in her store. Of course I said yes and supplied her with three of each of my books. Within a few days, she sold out of the copies of The Book Club Murders and Brothers, Tale of the River Rats. She ordered six more copies of those two, which I will provide her next week, and hopefully, she'll sell out again.

Her location is great, right across the street from the newly opened Spam Museum. When I dropped off the first batch of books I sampled her dark chocolate truffles. Oh my God. It was like dying and going to heaven, as the old saying goes. I will be buying more of that stuff!!

The store is artfully decorated and stocked with books of all kinds. If you're in Austin, stop in, drink it in, have a dark chocolate truffle and buy one of my books. You'll be glad you did.

An update on The Devil's Kettle. I am close to finishing, just putting the finishing touches on the ending.  After that I'll begin the process of rewriting and editing, then turn it over to a couple of readers to get their feedback. I am happy with the product so far, but always looking to improve. I will submit another portion to the writers group I belong to and look forward to their feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment