Monday, January 21, 2019

Writing and experiences

It is important for writers to accumulate experiences so they may write credibly about people or places. In that regard, in my current fiction novel, I have set it in Vancouver, B.C. which we visited two years ago on a great western road trip. Capilano Suspension Bridge crosses the Capilano River. While there, we visited and enjoyed the scenery including cliff and tree top top walks. The park will figure prominently in the novel. Hopefully, experiencing the park firsthand will enhance the feel and message of the story. Other trips will take place this summer as I plan for a 35 mile hike through Glacier National Park with my youngest son, and a 20 miler over the Superior Hiking Trail on the North Shore of Minnesota. I am always filing ideas, sites, sounds, and people away in my memory banks to use in a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment